Share This Contest
- Your file should be 16" x 20" and have a minimum resolution of 200 dpi
- Accepted file formats: .JPG, .JPEG, .TIF, .TIFF, .EPS
- .TIFF (or .TIF) formats should be flattened
- .EPS formats must have all type converted to vector paths (traced or outlined)
- RGB colorspace only
- Max file size is 60mb
Design a Commemorative Poster for Kendrick Lamar's debut album good kid, m.A.A.d city
Kendrick Lamar, the hip hop recording artist from Compton, CA, is in need of incredible poster art for his brand new release, good kid, m.A.A.d city.
Create a boutique, retro-style poster inspired by the nostalgic look of Kendrick's album art and press photo (featured below).
Suggested Theme & Style Guidelines
For this poster contest, create a unique illustration that has an antique look. Like the vibe of the photographs below, make your design have a vintage feel. You may incorporate the photos in the support files as a companion to your original art but this is not a requirement.
Here are a few more tips on what Kendrick is looking for in his boutique-style poster:
- Original illustrations strongly encouraged.
- Rely as little as possible on the press photos
- "Boutique" in this context is a very broad adjective meaning anything from retro to purely fashionable, etc. Be distinct and fresh with your creation!
Things You Need To Include
- Required text: "Kendrick Lamar".
- Optional text: "good kid, m.A.A.d city"
- All submissions must be original art/illustrations.
- The winning designer should be able to submit a layered file (.psd, .eps, .ai) of the winning design.
Things You Should Avoid
- Respect copyright. DO NOT submit copyrighted work.
- Do not use stock images or clip art.
- Absolutely NO PHOTOS other than those provided in the support files