Design a Poster For
Young the Giant
Share This Contest
Download Contest Support Files
- Your file should be 16" x 16" and have a minimum resolution of 200 dpi
- Accepted file formats: .JPG, .JPEG, .TIF, .TIFF, .EPS
- .TIFF (or .TIF) formats should be flattened
- .EPS formats must have all type converted to vector paths (traced or outlined)
- RGB colorspace is recommended for uploading to Creative Allies. Designers should create and retain their source files in CMYK.
- Max file size is 60mb
Design a 16x16 inch poster for Young the Giant and their new album Mind Over Matter. There are three separate prizes for three separate poster designs – one $750 grand prize winner, one $500 second place prize, and one $250 third place prize – but one designer can win them all!
Indie rock band, Young the Giant, is set to go on tour in 2014 in support of their brand new album Mind Over Matter available now on iTunes here.
Suggested Theme & Style Guidelines
Your design should be inspired by the new album Mind Over Matter. There are no requirements other than to design what the album title or theme of Mind Over Matter means to you. Use your imagination and create a design based on wherever it takes you.
Check out the tunes and videos on the More Info page to get a feel for the band.
Mind Over Matter Tracklist
1. Slow Dive
3. It's About Time
5. Mind Over Matter
6. Day Dreamer
9. In My Home
IMPORTANT: The only real requirement for this contest is that you include the band and album name. There is a logo provided in the support files but you are not required to use it. We are definitely open to hand drawn interpretations.
TIP: Optical illusions are cool, but not mandatory.
Things You Need To Include
- Required text: "Young the Giant" and "Mind Over Matter"
- All submissions must be original art/illustrations.
- The winning designer should be able to submit a layered file (.psd, .eps, .ai) or hi-res version of the winning design.
Things You Should Avoid
- We ask that you please do not use stock images or clip art.
- Respect copyright. DO NOT submit copyrighted work.
- Please refrain from using photos of the band!
- Use of the logo is not required.