A page builder is a WordPress tool that provides users the platform to compose, edit, and post (or schedule) content. Page builders usually come as a plugin for WordPress and have several word editing tools and features. There are many page builder options to choose from. Nor surprisingly, each page builder for WordPress has strengths and weaknesses. In this article, we highlight 4 page builders to guide you in making the best choice for your business.
The Divi visual builder is a unique type of page builder. You can actually drag and drop elements for your web pages which saves you time. Therefore, any editing done can be viewed in real time, making it more interesting to use. The responsive components are built into the builder and you can choose which device a specific component is viewed. Also, Divi has custom CSS, elements lock, elements duplication, undo and redo options, and a collapsible design. All of these features contribute to a better web building experience.
- Good design with colored elements.
- User interface is intuitive, related elements are designed with the same color as you drag and drop on the design interface.
- Reasonable price inclusive of Elegant Themes. Choose between a one-time fee of $249 or an annual fee of $89.
- Divi is a bit slow. The speed of the plugin is sacrificed for a beautiful UI because of the processes that takes place behind the design.
- Divi stores its contents as short-codes. It may be a problem to switch to another page builder because its contents are saved as short-codes which are not compatible with other page builders.
Beaver Builder is built with a very powerful and responsive design. A designer has the opportunity to design the website to his/her taste using custom CSS. Also, Beaver Builder is compatible with many themes and also supports WooCommerce for e-commerce sites. Beaver Builder occupies a low capacity of storage space which contributes to its efficiency.
- Users of Beaver Builder enjoy quality support from either from their social media platforms
or their website.
with page templates to help the users immensely. It can also save modules and rows.
- Limited features in its free version; as such there is a need for the premium
version for most websites.
- Constant loading with almost every action on each web page.
Elementor is another page builder which has great features such as live editing, drag and drop element support and real-time view. It has undo and redo options for flexibility. It also supports WooCommerce. Elementor is the page builder of choice for us here at Creative Allies. For an agency like ours, it’s the right choice for our client websites. It may also be a good choice for individual users.
- The UI is very simple with just two colors (white and maroon).
- The drag and drop component supports the fast speed of this page builder.
- It has a responsive design
to automatically adjust the page design for different device to avoid scattering of contents.
- The free version has limited features. The personal bundle version fee is $49 for one website. The business bundle is $99 used for only 3 websites.
- It is prone to bugs. When changing your fonts, the effected may will not apply properly.
The WP Bakery page builder has the following features; advanced drag and drop page builders, In addition, it has undo and redo options, parallax effect, smooth-scrolling, fly-in animations etc.
- Extensive functionality
WP Bakery has an intuitive design and this assists developers to come up with a more flexible and beautiful web design.
- It has a feature similar to that of Elementor. You can preview and adjust how the design
will be displayed on each device. It has a very intuitive and responsive design.
- It is quite costly
The regular license costs $45/ year and the extended license costs $245/ year.
- It stores its contents as short-codes. If needed, it will be a problem to switch to another page builder because its contents are saved as short-codes which are not compatible with other page builders.
Page Builder For WordPress Conclusion
In summary, you have several options when choosing the page builder that is most suitable for your business. We’ve given you a few tips, pros, and cons for the page builders we use and see on occasion. Now, the choice is yours on the type of page builder for WordPress to go for.