Design a T-Shirt For
AmeriServ Flood City Music Festival
Promote This Contest
Share This Contest
- Your file must be at least 200 dpi
- Accepted file formats: .JPG, .JPEG, .TIF, .TIFF, .EPS
- .TIFF (or .TIF) formats should be flattened
- .EPS formats must have all type converted to vector paths (traced or outlined)
- RGB colorspace only
- Max file size is 60mb
Design the front of the official 2014 T-shirt for the AmeriServ Flood City Music Festival of Johnstown, PA (Aug. 1-3). The event features four stages and about 35 acts each year, representing the best in American roots music. This year's headliners are Boz Scaggs, Leftover Salmon featuring Bill Payne of Little Feat, and Lee Fields and the Expressions, and many more.
Suggested Theme & Style
Johnstown is a small city in western Pennsylvania with a rich history that has a lot to do with the steel industry. In fact, the city was a world leader in the production of iron and steel, particularly technological innovations in steel manufacturing, in the late 1800s.
The festival site, the Peoples Natural Gas Park, has many reminders of Johnstown's industrial legacy. The park is in a valley, and is bordered by the old steelworks, much of which is active with various industry today; a very busy railroad and its Stone Bridge (an icon of the 1889 Johnstown flood) that has been lighted in colorful LED lights; downtown Johnstown; and the Little Conemaugh River. Within sight are the Johnstown Flood Museum and the Inclined Plane. The park itself includes the Oilhouse, a repurposed industrial building that dates from the 1920s, and an attached pavilion that has been designed to echo the site's industrial architecture.
We strongly suggest you visit the festival website, www.floodcitymusic.com, to get a feel for the event.
Imagery and designs that combine that gritty industrial feel with the energy of this very dynamic festival are great.
Please bear in mind that your design will be printed on several different T-shirt colors (but not white). The back of the shirt will feature the festival logo and complete lineup.
Things You Need To Include
- The complete name of the event: AmeriServ Flood City Music Festival
- You may, but certainly do not have to, use elements of the festival logo (including the factory with or without the notes, notes on their own, and/or type treatment) in your design.
- The festival dates: August 1-3; and the year, 2014.
Things You Should Avoid
- Respect copyright. DO NOT submit copyrighted work.
- DO NOT use stock images or clip art.
- You MUST be able to prove ownership of any photographic elements (even in a modified state). Please provide attribution in the description field.
- DO NOT include band names.
- Avoid designs that are overly similar to the logos/looks of major American music festivals.
AmeriServ Flood City Music Festival 2014