Create Artwork Inspired By
Share This Contest
Download Contest Support Files
Album Cover Specs
- Your file should be 12" x 12" and have a minimum resolution of 200 dpi
- Accepted file formats: .JPG, .JPEG, .TIF, .TIFF, .EPS
- .TIFF (or .TIF) formats should be flattened
- .EPS formats must have all type converted to vector paths (traced or outlined)
- RGB colorspace only
- Max file size is 60mb
Create artwork inspired by Maroon 5 and their new album "V". One winner will receive $500 and two tickets to any show on the upcoming tour. Plus, the winner's artwork will be printed on 500 Limited Edition copies of the album (Vinyl + CD). One runner up will receive a Maroon 5 prize pack.
On September 2 Interscope Records will release "V" – the new album by Maroon 5. The album is available for pre-order on iTunes here.
Suggested Theme & Style Guidelines
Your mission is to create your own album cover for "V" using Maroon 5, the new single, and track listing from the album as inspiration.
Check out the original album cover below and feel free to take a literal or interpretative approach to your own artwork. Please do not feel like you have to reproduce this exact cover – be bold and different!
IMPORTANT: We're looking for illustration-based work, avoid relying too much on photographs.The cover art is strictly to use as a reference. Do NOT use the original art in your submission or it will be deactivated. We want your design to be original, unique and indicative of your own style!
You may also create artwork simply inspired by Maroon 5.
Things You Need To Include
- Required text: "Maroon 5" and "V"
- Use of the logo is not required.
- All submissions must be original art/illustrations.
- The winning designer should be able to submit a layered file (.psd, .eps, .ai) of the winning design.
Things You Should Avoid
- DO NOT use photos of Maroon 5
- Respect copyright. DO NOT submit copyrighted work.
- You MUST be able to prove ownership of any photographic elements (even in a modified state). Please provide in the description field.